Developing Voluntary Sector Sustainability
Developing sustainability within voluntary sector organisations is becoming more and more complicated. Training and advice is frequently expensive and assumes resources that are just not available for smaller groups. These sessions are delivered from the perspective of small charities and assume little or no prior experience or knowledge.
The trainer has over 25 years of experience of voluntary sector management and holds a diploma in fundraising from the Institute of Fundraising.
Fundraising from Individuals (1 day course)
Nearly 50% of charity income comes from individual donors. In this course we look at:
- What makes individuals give?
- How can you craft a fundraising product that will appeal to individuals?
- Introduction to the Fundraising Regulator.
- Introduction to Gift Aid.
- How can you look after individual donors?
Community Fundraising (1 day course)
This session will use a hands-on approach to help youthink through how to engage with the community and plan effective fundraising events. The session will enable participants to:
- Discuss the range and types of activities commonly defined as community fundraising.
- Understand how to plan an effective community fundraising campaign.
- Understand the central role of the volunteer in community fundraising.
Understanding Trusts and Foundations (1 day course)
Charitable Trusts and Foundations are an important and potentially valuable source of income but a lot of time is wasted because bid writers do not understand what makes them tick. This session will look at:
- Why trusts exist.
- What they want and how to convince them that yours is the bid of their dreams.
Telling Your Story (1 day course)
More and more funders want to know what difference their money is making to real people. They want to hear about the stories coming from our activities. This is actually really good news because it helps us toget across the real worth of our work but we often let ourselves down because we don't understand the art of “storytelling”. This session will give pointers for compiling stories that really do justice to your work.