Sefton Young Champions
The project is for young people aged 13 to 21 and is a community volunteering programme the aim is to bridge the gap between younger and older people living in the same community
The project has four strands:
- Projects with older people
- Health promotion Volunteers
- Princes Trust
- Youth Activities
Some intergenerational activities are described below
- Computer day - Older people sometimes find it hard to understand how to use computers, tablets and Smart phones so the young people were able to help them understand how to skype, do online shopping and search the internet this provided a good opportunity fo them to work together
- Hanging Baskets- The young people help the older people to make hanging baskets and then helped to carry them back to their homes to put the baskets up.
Princes Trust Achieve Programme
Our new personal development course provides a unique offering for 13 to 19-year-olds; a practical approach to learning which supports young people to fulfil their potential.
- Personal and social development: By working in small groups, you'll be able to meet new people and make new friends
- Life skills: Through fun and interactive sessions, you'll learn how to manage money, be healthy and stay safe
- Active citizenship: You'll work as part of a team to make a difference to your local community
- Enterprise project: This is a Dragons' Den style challenge. Ready to put your entrepreneurial skills to the test?
- Preparation for work: Create a tip-top CV, practice for future interviews and explore your skills and talents
Youth Connect 5
Feelgood Factory are running a free 5 week programme called Youth Connect 5. It is for parents and looks at supporting their children’s emotional wellbeing. It will teach resilience techniques that will strengthen the child’s ability to deal with adversity, threats or even significant sources of stress.