At the Netherton Feelgood Factory, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check our website for updates.
1 WHO ARE WE?
We’re the Netherton Feelgood Factory, a Sefton-based charity that improves the quality of life of local people through health improvement and community services. The Netherton Feelgood Factory is a registered charity (no. 1074508) and company limited by guarantee (no. 3614799). The registered address is The Feelgood Factory, Glover’s Lane, Netherton, Merseyside, L30 5QW.
2 HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you when:
- You register to attend Feelgood Factory courses or programmes.
- Receive a service from the Feelgood Factory.
- Apply to become a volunteer.
- Make a donation towards our work.
3 WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, health problems, and details of emergency contacts. In certain situations, we may need to access bank account details. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
4 HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information to:
- notify you of changes to our services (including cancellations);
- plan activities and services;
- administer membership records;
- fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- manage our volunteers;
- maintain our own accounts and records;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- To manage any financial transactions relating to you (including payment of volunteer expenses);
- process a grant application or report to our funders. In these cases no identifying data will be used, just statistics.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you cease to attend activities, we will retain your information for a period of one year. At that point it will be deleted unless you request otherwise. You are welcome to ask us to delete your information earlier than one year if you so desire.
Similarly, we will retain information about volunteers for a period of one year after you cease working for us unless otherwise requested.
Information about donors will be held for two years (unless you have opted for Gift Aid). At that point all donors will be contacted to check whether or not you wish us to continue to hold your information.
5 WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
On some occasions we work with partner agencies to deliver services and we may need to pass your information on to them. In these situations, you will always be asked for your permission first.
When you are using our secure online donation pages, your donation is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
6 YOUR CHOICES
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive information about the Feelgood Factory and its courses, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
7 HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the Feelgood Factory holds about you.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/.
8 SECURITY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
1. Paper documents are kept in secure and locked containers.
2. Our computer systems are protected by security software.
3. Only authorised staff have access to the computer system.
4. Staff have individual passwords to access the computer system and these password are changed every three months.
5. No personal information is kept on portable systems such as laptops, tablet computers or pen drives.
6. We do not pass any of your information to outside agencies without your permission unless we are obliged to do so by law (e.g. in the case of police investigations).
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you.
10 16 OR UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ we will require your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.